- Use all buttons and switches through the case
- Like most of our cases it’ll float if you drop it in the drink
- Feed out a wire of up to 1/10th inch / 2.5mm diameter from the case
- The seams are high-frequency welded to form a super-strong bond
- Waterproofness Warning!: This case features our ‘TC’ Aquaclip which makes the case waterproof to IPX6 (a quick dunking should be fine, but not prolonged immersion).
- As used by film crews and sound engineers all over the world!
- The other two sizes are the 158B Radio Microphone Case and 558 Connected Electronics
The loop on the back of the case is where you insert the belt.
This is the maximum size of device that will fit:
Tip: to get the circumference, add the width to the depth and then multiply this by 2
How waterproof is it?
It’s Stormproof (protected against powerful water jets – click on the icon for more)
Can people swim with it?
Our testing shows that the TC clamp will let a tiny amount of water in after a period of total immersion. So the best advice we can give is to wear it in the small of your back if you’re swimming on your front, and on your tummy if you’re swimming on your back, so that it spends as little time submerged as possible. We are talking here about splashing around in the pool or the sea, but we are NOT talking about endurance/long-distance swimming.
- Color: Cool gray with gray belt and acid green lanyard
- Materials: 300mu UV-resistant TPU
- Weight: Case: 2.6oz / 74g Belt: 2.1oz / 59g Lanyard: 0.2oz / 7g
- Country of Origin: Made in the UK.
Special Instructions for the ‘TC’ Clamp
- Flip the two levers up, one at a time.
- Twist the two levers out.
- Place the wire carefully under the retaining arm. The wire must exit through the groove in the clamp.
- Place the two halves of the clamp back together so that the wire is held gently in place. Do not squeeze them together hard.
- Twist both the levers in, one at a time. Twist both levers before attempting step 6.
- Flip the levers over to seal the clamp.
Cases with this clamp are for surface use only, but will offer protection from temporary submersion. They are not recommended for prolonged submersion.
When not using the case leave the TC clamp open. If not the wire could eventually cause a permanent distortion of the foam, risking leakage.
As long as you follow this instruction the clamp will be watertight with or without a wire.
The maximum thickness of wire around which the TC clamp will seal is 1/10th inch (2.5mm).